Youth Mental Health First Aider Course
Youth Mental Health First Aider Course (Youth MHFA)
Course Numbers: 8-16 people (in person) or 8-12/16 (ONLINE)
Length: 2 days (in person) or 4 live sessions with learning in-between (ONLINE)
Audience: Staff and older students (over 16 years) working in or with, schools and colleges, youth groups and organisations supporting young people.
Youth MHFA is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for people that teach, work, live with or care for 8 - 18 year olds. It is also open to young people over the age of 16 who act as peer mentors to other young people. The training provides information, tools and techniques to help participants to support young people experiencing mental and emotional distress, and to promote their long-term mental health and emotional well-being.
In becoming a Youth Mental Health First Aider, you will achieve:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance and a comprehensive manual with further information and resources.
MHFA England value the course at £300pp and MYB are able to offer places for £290pp.
Organisations wishing to book an in house, online or series of courses, please contact email@example.com or 01737 772126. These courses can be discounted depending on amount of delegates and courses booked.
To talk to one of the Minding Your Business team call 01737 772126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Mental Health First Aid