Mental Health First Aid for Schools and Colleges
MHFA for Schools and Colleges has been designed especially with schools in mind. Based on the Youth MHFA course but targeted to meet the needs of educational environments, MHFA Schools will cover key topics around young people’s mental health and wellbeing, with a strong practical focus on how support young people experiencing mental distress. Whilst the course is not a replacement for the 2 day Youth MHFA course, delegates will become Champions for better mental health in schools.
What will I learn about on a MHFA for Schools and College course?
- Why Youth MHFA for Schools and Colleges?
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The five steps of mental health first aid
- Non judgmental listening skills
- Eating disorders
As a one-day course, it fits perfectly into schools’ inset training days and busy private school timetables, making it accessible for teaching staff across sectors. The session will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don’t. We won’t make you do something you aren’t comfortable with.
How can MHFA for Schools and Colleges make a difference?
- MHFA for Schools and Colleges teaches practical skills that can be used every day
- It gives a deeper understanding to the complex issues relating to young people and mental health
- It helps people recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- It enables a young person to access appropriate professional help
- MHFA has a proven track record and demonstrates its effectiveness through evaluation
This course is valued at £185 per person.
To book an in house course for as little as £100pp contact us on 01737 772115 or email@example.com.